Friday 16 November 2012

YSL Review



I recently treated myself to a new lipstick, I was looking around House of Fraser and found myself looking at theYSL - Rouge Volupte lipsticks.  After spending about ten minutes at the counter I finally decided on the colour Exquisite Plum #22, I always wear dark vampy colours and thought it would be perfect for autumn and winter. YSL is known for their classy and very sophisticated packaging, I thought it would be my new favourite lipstick. Unfortunately, I was wrong and was very disappointed if I'm totally honest. The lipstick is extremely creamy so creamy that sometimes I have to put it in the fridge for five minutes or so before I apply it. Although the lipstick is such a dark vibrant colour, it actually appears kind of glossy on the lips. I could apply it when leaving the house for college and its completely disappeared by the time I get there. I wouldn't be so annoyed if it was a cheap drugstore lipstick but when they retail for £23.50 it does seem like am only paying for the packaging which is lovely and looks fabulous on my dressing table I can't help but think I could have picked up one from Topshop for a quarter of the price!










Melissa x