Saturday 11 May 2013

River Island Cut Out Boots






With the likes of Alexander Wang and Jeffery Campbell recently bringing out amazing cut out boots there is no surprise the high street were going to catch on. I have said before I am definitely a boots kinda gal so when I spotted a few bloggers wearing the latest trendy boot I immediately wanted them to add to my collection.

Many high streets have copied the boots such as Topshop and Office. The famous Topshop Arabel boots are currently online and most likely in store they are priced at £85 although its much cheaper than the Jeffery Campbell ones and obviously the Alexander Wangs I still wasn't wanting to part with £85 so I searched on Ebay and online stores like Misguided etc, unfortunately I had no luck. Until I was in River Island last week. I have a love/hate relationship with the shop sometimes I see a few gems then other times its just tacky tops and bags with unnecessary buttons and logos on it.  The ones in River Island were £65 I know, I know only £20 of a difference but it seemed much more justified and they do look pretty similar. 

There are not everyones taste (my sister hates them) but I am a lover of Dr Martens and really like the whole grundy masculine trend. I'm sure many of you are thinking but it is summer why are buying boots? Get out your sandals. Living in Scotland you will probably see about 4 days of sun the whole summer so the boots will be okay and probably worn more than sandals. I have worn them a few times already once with a cute floral skirt which was great for breaking up a really girly outfit and another time tights and a pair of denim shorts. I absolutely love the boots and think they will be a great staple in my wardrobe this summer as they go with pretty much everything I own, they also look cute with a pair of ankle shorts peeking through the top.