Monday 13 January 2014

GOLDEN GLOBES 2014

Yey! It's award season. I loved doing the post last year so I thought I would do it again this year.

The Golden Globes are one of my favourite awards it is a lot more casual than the others, well as casual as an awards show can be. Obviously the main reason for awards shows is to award those talented folk from TV and film but I do love seeing what all the stars are wearing. 


Best dressed.




Sofia Vergara was definitely on top of my list. I absolutely love her dress by Zac Posen. Although it was just black and described by Sofia as a tent - it worked. Her figure and blue necklace made the look.  Sofia is absolutely hilarious in Modern Family and seems even funnier in person. Her accent is amazing as well.




Jessica Chastain was another favourite of mine. A gorgeous Givenchy dress. I know it's another black one but I couldn't help but love it. Personally I think Jessica always looks amazing on the red carpet, such a classic Hollywood beaut.




Now moving onto my favourite now I'm going to lie I hadn't even heard of her till last night but Lupita Nyong'o was my favourite in a lovely gown and cape by Ralph Lauren. Capes are always a bit of a hit or miss especially on a red carpet but it just works for her. The colour is absolutely perfect, her skin is gorgeous too. Lupita definitely made her mark on the carpet last night.

Worst dressed.




I love Lena Dunham she is an incredibly talented writer and can't wait to watch the new episode of Girls but sadly she always seems to get it wrong. I get the impressed that award shows aren't her thing. The dress itself was just awful on her which is a shame because I think it is a lovely dress but just not for Lena.



I cannot believe I'm doing this but I didn't like it at all. Jennifer was obviously wearing Dior - a classic red carpet designer for many but I just didn't like it. I had a look at the dress on the runway and it wasn't that nice either. But regardless of the dress Jennifer is an absolute babe! Did you see her acceptance speech? Amazing.


So that's my round up of the awards.  What were your favourites?