Wednesday 7 May 2014

GET THE LOOK - FRIENDS



Friends came onto our TV screens all the way back in 1994 - I was just over a month old when the first episode aired. Over the ten years that the show was on it has given us amazing quotes such as 'How you doin ? 'OMG MY GOD' and my personal favourite 'WE WERE ON A BREAK!'. It is safe to say that Friends was a cult classic in the 90s. Yesterday marked the ten year anniversary of the final episode  Can you believe it? In honour of the brilliant TV show I have put together a special  'Get The Look' post of the three girls. 


Rachel Green 



Rachel was probably my favourite character in the show. C'mon there is a haircut named after her. Her style is the typical 90s style, mom jeans, pastel clothing and leather which is still so relevant today. The look that I made for Rachel is definitely something I would wear. The mom jeans are a complete essential in my wardrobe right now and the cropped top is super cute as well and a great way to bring a little bit of a girly vibe to a boyish outfit. I paired the outfit with an amazing leather jacket from Zara and finally a pair of classic low cut Converse. 

               


Phoebe Buffay



Phoebe was another brilliant character too.  I loved her how unique and quirky she was.  She was definitely the most individual and basically made the boho style a thing before it was one. Her style was very colourful, personally not something I would wear but when I watch the episodes I do see a great individual style. Her personality was my favourite out of them all. I found this summer dress with an amazing print, definitely something Phoebe would wear. I paired it with simple shoes from New Look and finished off with a dark denim jacket


                 
        

Monica Geller



Personally Monica was my least favourite character. I just found her very boring and blah. Her style definitely matured over the seasons and she began to dress very feminine. The outfit I put together for her is very simple and very Monica. The t-shirt and jeans are very basic and classic for a wardrobe. I finished the outfit off with sandals which are so popular atm from Topshop and the necklace is also from there too. 

                    





Who was your favourite character and why?