Sunday 10 February 2013

Spring/Summer Trends 2013



Although Autumn/Winter fashion shows are going on right now the high street are bringing in their Spring/Summer stock. I am not going to lie I am not a huge fan of summer fashion. Living in Scotland where we have four seasons in one day and have your umbrella in your handbag in the middle of July. It's safe to say the crazy weather doesn't exactly allow you to wear cute little skirts and dresses. Here are a few trends that I think will be popular for the current seasons. Not everyone will love them all but you can take inspiration. 


 ♥ Monchrome

Probably the trend I am most excited about this season, you simply cant go wrong with black and white can you? So simple and feminine. Monochrome is definitely a trend that will stay for a couple of season at least. I am definitely going to invest in a pencil skirt and basic white top from Topshop, that outfit with a red lip. Gorgeous! 


 ♥ Neon

Not everyones cup of tea but I love neon, a little out there for some people but I think if you play it save then you will be fine. I seen a lovely neon shirt in American Apparel but £52 I think I will need to shop around and find something a little cheaper. River Island also have loads of things in neon from purses to tops. I don't really mention make up on my blog that often but neon lips are definitely in, if you aren't brave enough for clothes then its an alternative. Sleek have a few colour which would look great with natural eye make up.  


 ♥ Metallics 

When I think of Metallics I immediately think of Burberry. Metallic was all over the Burberry fashion show last year and its definitely staying in fashion this year with the likes of Topshop and River Island having trousers and skirts in almost every colour. If you don't want to go the whole way with the metallic trend then you could easily go for the bags. H&M have satchels in the now and are perfect for the metallic trend.  


♥ The 60s

The 60s is probably one of the most popular eras of fashion with the likes of Twiggy and Brigitte Bardot who are still fashion icons to many nowadays. 90s grunge has been a popular trend for a few years with loads of people wearing Dr Martens and Levi Jackets but for 2013 the 60s is certainly a popular trend which I love. The 60s trend is gorgeous and very glamorous. Zara and Warehouse have lovely shift dresses in at the moment, very 
Moschino inspired.


♥ Slouch  

Although the 60s is a popular trend with the tailored suits and fitted dresses, the laid back alternative is also very popular. With oversized jumpers and softly tailored jackets. Very Celine and Stella McCartney; who is on fire at the moment.