Monday 14 January 2013

Golden Globes: Fashion Police

I have a huge mug of coffee beside me as I write up this blog post as I foolishly stayed up last night to watch the Golden Globes online,  the main reason I watch the awards shows is to see all the beautiful and not so beautiful dress, shallow I know but come on I am a fashion student after all.

The dresses were beautiful this year and red was a popular colour choice along with the thigh-split dresses. One of my favourite dresses was Hunger Games and Sliver Linings Playbook star Jennifer Lawrence, she wore a Christian Dior Haute Couture dress. The dress was red which was a perfect colour for her and she looked sexy but still elegant and glamorous, the thin metallic belt which cinched in her waist was so faltering and showed off her amazing figure. Another favourite dress of mine was worn my Victoria Secret model Miranda Kerr, in my opinion she can never do wrong at a red carpet event and always looks a million dollars. She wore a goregous Dolce & Gabbana dress, the dress was slashed all the way up to her thigh and also had a very low neckline but she certainly pulled it off and remembered us why she is a Victoria Secret model. Beautiful! But my favourite dress of the night has to go to Julianne Moore, she wore an elegant Tom Ford dress, the dress was black with a white panel along the waist and down one leg. This is without a doubt my favourite dress of the evening so simple but with the gold bangle of wrist made it so classy and timeless. 





Unfortunately, there is always some red carpet disasters isn't there? Taylor Swift was definitely number one on my list, I am usually a huge fan of what Taylor wears on the red carpet and loved the white low cut dress that she wore to the People's Choice Awards last week but her recent break-up with One Direction singer Harry Styles has clearly had an effect on her as she wore a wine coloured Donna Karan Atelier backless dress although it is hitting a few of the Best Dress list I don't see it and it is a huge thumbs down for me. I don't like the thin straps and the bottom wasn't really my taste and made her look like a mermaid. A huge disappointment for me was Sienna Miller there is no denying that her make up was completely gorgeous so natural but her dress or skirt and top should I say by Erdem was so unfaltering on her and didn't shout red carpet to me.