Sunday 10 March 2013

Rihanna for River Island







Last week Rihanna's collection hit River Island stores over the UK. When it was announced that Rihanna would be having a collection at RI and was showing it at LFW I was a little bit sceptical I personally don't see her as a designer or am I a fan of her regular day to day style. I also hate it when singers think they can become a designer overnight, look at Victoria Beckham she started her label years ago and I think she still has loads to prove in the fashion industry.
Rihannas collection consists of 56 pieces ranging from tops to bags, although the items are very on trend at the moment; there is loads of monochrome and neon I still don't really know what to think. Yes it's okay and on trend but I was just expecting something a little more wow! The prices are affordable though and range from £20-£150 which is the average price in River Island anyway. If you like Rihanna and her style then you will love it! 

Overall, I think the collection is okay but wouldn't say anything really stands out I was expecting something a little more different and out there especially since it got hyped up so much. I still don't see Rihanna as a designer and think you could pick up something very similar in another high street store.